Apple Watch allows using many useful apps on its platform. After knowing this, you might be wondering if the Apple wearable permits you to use the Snapchat app. So, can you get Snapchat on Apple Watch? Technically speaking, yes you can do it. However, you need to understand you can’t completely use it like on your iPhone.
To enlighten you on this subject, I have listed the ways you can use this instant messaging app on your Apple Watch. So, without further ado, let’s begin our discussion about it. Read on!
Things Snap Users Can Do on Apple Watch
Before beginning, I must clarify that you can’t get the Snap app on Apple Watch directly. Reason? Because Snap Inc. hasn’t unveiled the version which works on the OS of the Apple Watch.
Snapchat demands camera access for photo-clicking and video creation. And this Watch doesn’t have an in-built camera. Hence, it is impossible to use the app directly on this electronic tool.
Then, what are the ways to use it on this Apple device? Simply put, you can use Snapchat for viewing your stories (not all!), see new Snap messages and take pictures remotely. Need more explanation? Here it is!
Watch Snap Stories
Want to see snap stories while not using your iPhone? Well, Apple Watch permits you to do it quite easily. I must state clearly that you will comfortably see your friends’ stories. However, you can’t watch the stories of every snap user.
How can you watch stories on this Apple device? For this, you just need to use a web browser. Just by signing in, you can watch them.
Navigation of Snap Map
One more thing you can do on Apple Watch is navigate the snap map. However, you need to keep your Apple Watch and iPhone near each other. Doing so will allow you to view Snap Map for knowing what people nearby you are up to.
No iPhone in hand right now for browsing? Don’t worry! Apple Watch also allows you to search certain profiles by loading Snapchat in a browser. Quite interesting, right?
You can receive Snapchat notifications on your Apple Watch. How? You just need to keep your iPhone and Apple Watch mirrored. The key takeaway here is you can only view notifications of friends but can’t respond to them.
Browsing Snapchat on Apple Watch – Complete Process
Commonly, people ask, “How do I get Snapchat on my Apple Watch?” Well, I have explained the process here only step-by-step in detail. Here it is!
- Ensure you have your Apple Watch and iPhone paired. It will allow you to get automatic internet access (imperative for story viewing). If you have Apple Watch 5 or a later version, you can separately connect to Wi-Fi networks using your iPhone.
- Press and Hold the digital crown on Apple Watch to open Siri. After that, you can ask Siri what you want to do.
- Once you are done with it, say “Google search” to Siri. It will ask, “What do you want to search for?”
- Next, you will see a number of stories on your Watch face.
- Now, you can tap on a search result for Snapchat to open the page.
- Once you reach there, you can see the stories of celebrities and also search for your friends in the search icon. Another way to do it is by using Siri to navigate “Snapchat login” by filling in your username and password.
It is not smooth to type on the Apple Watch due to the small screen size. Hence, the best way is to avoid the login process and watch stories without logging in. Simply, browse the story.snapchat.com and enjoy watching stories of friends on your iOS watch.
Receiving Snapchat Notifications on Apple Watch
Now, you know the process to use Snapchat on your Apple Watch device. Now, let me tell the way to receive notifications on this tool. Here are the steps to follow:
- Open settings on your watch and then tap on notifications. After scrolling down, find the Snapchat app and tap on it.
- Toggle the toggle button next to “Allow Notifications” to enable it. Set it to “Sound” or “Vibrate” as per your preferences.
- Following this, open the Snapchat app and move to the settings.
- Once it is done, tap on Notifications and check the “Enable Notifications” button to receive updates.
- Now, open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and tap on the notifications section.
- After this, tap the toggle button to enable notifications for the Snapchat app on the Apple wearable.
Clicking Pictures Remotely
As mentioned earlier, it is possible to click snap pictures with Apple Watch remotely. For this, you need to follow the steps listed below.
- The first step is to open Snapchat on iPhone and keep its camera mode active. You can’t directly click pics with Apple Watch since it doesn’t have an in-built camera.
- Now, set the position of your phone to click pictures. While doing so, our Watch should have the default watch face screen without the opening of other apps.
- Next, you need to swipe up on your Apple Watch. It will lead to the opening of the music glance.
- Then, focus on rotating the digital crown to turn the volume up or down. Using these volume buttons, you can use Snapchat to click as many pictures as you want.
Yes, you can get Snapchat on your Apple Watch and perform many useful tasks. You must note that Apple Watch doesn’t have the Snapchat app. However, you can still use it to click pictures, watch snap stories and receive notifications.
I hope you liked this post and understood every point & process I mentioned above on this subject. I will come again with another post to give you important insight on different subjects. Till then, keep visiting MentalHiking to satisfy your curiosity.